Cashew & Coconut Milk Rice Salad Recipe
Serves 4 • Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 1 red bell pepper/ paprika
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, raw and unsalted
- 1 can coconut milk (about 300ml)
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- Handful fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice as advised on the packaging (about 20 minutes usually).
- Drain the rice and let it cool down.
- While waiting for the rice to cool, dice the red bell pepper and red onion.
- Then mix it all together: Lentils, red bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, cashew nuts and rice.
- Blend the coconut milk, paprika powder, fresh basil, dried oregano and salt (optional).
- Stir in the coconut milk sauce into the rice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Marna's handy tips
- Replace the cashew nuts with pine nuts
- Add chicken strips for a boost in protein content!
- Refrigerate the salad until served for a refreshing, crispy taste.
- For more inspiration and cooking tips, you can get your Easy Wholesome Recipes E-book here!