Turmeric Chickpea Bowl Recipe
Serves 4 • Time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups rice (uncooked)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 big cauliflower head
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh coriander or parsley
- Rice: Combine water, rice, onion, garlic, turmeric and ginger in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until the fluid is absorbed, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let it stand, covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cauliflower & chickpeas: Boil the cauliflower (or steam) for about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add curry powder and mix it in well.
- Add chickpeas and yellow bell pepper. Cook it while stirring, until chickpeas are slightly crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the chickpea-mixture in the pan.
- Serve the chickpea mixture over the rice. Garnish with coriander/parsley, if desired.
Marna's handy tips
- Replace the chickpeas with beef mince or chicken strips (or a vegetarian meat alternative).
- For a creamier version, add 1 can of coconut milk and an extra teaspoon of curry powder.
For more inspiration and cooking tips, you can get your Easy Wholesome Recipes E-book here!